If you are a skilled and experienced professional and are qualified in the skilled trades that are in demand then you can apply for Canada permanent residency through Federal Skilled Trade Program and fulfill your dream to live and work in Canada. Federal Skilled Trade Program is an initiative taken by Canada immigration department to attract highly skilled professionals to fulfill the skills gap in the trades of the country. If you want to qualify for the Canada Federal Skilled Trades Program then you need to fulfill the requirements based on few factors such as your age, language skills, education, experience and relevant job offer. If your profile is assessed positively then you can apply for the Federal Skilled Trades Program through Express Entry Scheme for a faster visa process.
Let us discuss the eligibility requirement factors for Canada Federal Skilled Trades Program in detail:
- Minimum 2 years of full-time work experience
- The experience should be relevant to the skilled trade
- It should be within 5 years before filing the visa application
- If it’s a part-time job then it should be equal to 2 years of full-time work experience
Language proficiency (English or French)
- You should be proficient in English or French language to apply for Canada Federal Skilled Trades program
- You should take an recognized test to prove your language skills
- It should be either IELTS for English language or CELTS for French
- Your age should be 49 or less than that to apply for Canada Federal Skilled Trades Program
Offer of employment or qualification in the skilled trade
- If you have an offer of employment in the relevant skilled trade, them it should be a full-time job
- Minimum 30 working hours for week
- If it is a part time job, then you should have 2 such offers, so that you can show 30 hours for a week
Skilled trade certification
- If you have an equivalent certification relevant to the skilled trade then you need not have an offer of employment
Requirements for a skilled job
- You should be able to meet the employment requirements for any job that is offered under federal skilled trade program.
- You should qualify the training or should a have relevant certification
If you are able to fulfill the above-mentioned requirements for Federal Skilled Trade Program, then you can apply for this visa category through Express Entry Scheme and get Canada PR. To find out details about the documentation, process time, steps in the visa process, fee and more, then consult the Canada immigration consultants near you. Kansas Overseas Careers is one of the best Canada visa consultants who can offer you professional advice and assistance for your successful visa process. Consult Kansas to get your profile assessed for Canada Federal Skilled Trade Program.